This is a placeholder for your sticky navigation bar. It should not be visible.
If I had a dime for every time I get asked “what flies are you using?” I’m always happy to oblige, but what I often want to say is “you’re asking the wrong question.” Time and again, I meet anglers who fail to understand that it is insufficient skill and/or knowledge, not their tackle, that holds them back. This is my answer to that conundrum. A curriculum that goes beyond flies and rigging to cover the skills necessary to achieve consistent success.
It is essential for beginners, but especially helpful for warm water anglers looking to better understand the finer points and finesse of trout angling,and those who often fish with guides looking to achieve similar success independently.
In this 1/2 day skills clinic, you’ll come away better understanding:
• The primary differences in approach when targeting trout vs. warm water species
• Various flies and rigging techniques
• How to read water and find fish
• How to fish nymphs, dries, & streamers with greater success
• Casts that catch fish
• When and how to mend effectively
• How to set up and manage your drift
• How to set the hook and play the fish to reduce the risk of “remote release”
ON-SITE LODGING AVAILABLE!
If you’d like to make a weekend of it, both cabins and RV spots are available at Summit. You can take advantage of a special 12% school discount or buy 2 nights and get one free (Thurs-Sun or Fri-Mon).
You will receive a confirmation email after purchase that will secure your spot in the class. You will also receive an email communication of more detail about what to bring and what to expect about a week out.
If you have any question before or after registering, please reach out to email@example.com.