School will be held from 9am to 1pm on Saturday, Feb 4 at Action Angler. Price includes parking and premium river access to fish for the day.
If I had a dime for every time I get asked “what flies are you using?” I’m always happy to oblige, but what I often want to say is “you’re asking the wrong question.” Time and again, I meet anglers who fail to understand that it is their skill level, not their tackle, that holds them back. This is my answer to that conundrum. A curriculum that goes beyond flies and rigging to cover the skills necessary to achieve consistent success.
It is essential for beginners, but especially helpful for warm water anglers looking to better understand the finer points and finesse of trout angling,and those who often fish with guides looking to achieve similar success independently.
In this 1/2 day skills clinic, you’ll come away better understanding:
• The primary differences in approach when targeting trout vs. warm water species
• Various flies and rigging techniques
• How to read water and find fish
• How to pick apart pools & runs
• How to fish nymphs, dries, & streamers with greater success
• When and how to mend effectively
• How to set up and manage your drift
• How to set the hook and play the fish to reduce the risk of “remote release”
You will receive a confirmation email after purchase that will secure your spot in the class. You will also receive an email communication of more detail about what to bring and what to expect about a week out.
There are also many cabin/house rental options nearby along River Road or 20 minutes away in Gruene, TX. if you’d like to make a weekend of it!
If you have any question before or after registering, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.